The One Skill You Need for Success in Sales: Emotional Intelligence
In this episode, we sit down with Phil Johnson, the founder of the Master of Business Leadership program, to discuss the importance of emotional intelligence (EQ) and how influential it is to drive revenue, productivity, and profitability. He offers some of his tried-and-true tactics on how EQ can set you apart from the competition and how to cultivate it.
We’ll also be talking about some of the high-end companies that are generating exorbitant revenues by primarily focusing their hiring on emotional intelligence.
Key Topics and Timestamps
- 00:00:50 - What is emotional intelligence (EQ) and how is it used in business?
- 00:02:47 - What errors do people frequently make?
- 00:03:55 - How does the development of your EQ help you?
- 00:04:28 - Call-to-Action Regarding the Employment of EQ
- 00:06:10 - Inquiries Concerning a Person's Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- 00:08:43 - How EQ Supports Change
- 00:10:38 - What exact role does EQ play in raising revenue?
- 00:15:20 - Beginning Point for Developing EQ
- 00:16:45 - How does EQ differ from IQ?
- Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive your own emotions and those of others, manage them, and use them for personal growth. It's also known as EQ or EQD, and it's a pillar of self-awareness and interpersonal effectiveness.
- The development of our emotional intelligence guarantees career, personal, and organizational success. It is a crucial part of your success in any industry or business, and it's something that you can develop and improve.
Find Phil at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/philipjpjohnson
Get your TICKET to join our 2023 summit: https://events.sandler.com/summit2023
Share this article: