Over my many years in business, I have learned that in order to be successful you have to have an extreme thirst for knowledge. You have to continually be growing and adapting to the world around you; and one of the easiest ways to do so is to read, read, read.
A message from an early mentor of mine was “Leaders are Readers.” He recommended a cookbook for reading at least 2 books a month- 1 business and 1 fiction.
Since I am frequently asked, “What books do you recommend I read?” or “What are some good books that could help me succeed in my business?”, I compiled a list of my favorite business and leadership books and their authors.
Since I have hundreds of business books in my library, and we all want the very best of the best, I’ve picked 20 books that I would recommend for business success.
Please note, this list is not compiled in any specific order, its random.
1. In Search Of Excellence | Tom Peters
2. Think And Grow Rich | Napoleon Hill
3. Bold | Peter Diamandis
4. Straight From The Gut | Jack Welch
5. Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway | Susan Jeffers
6. The 7 Habits Of Highly Successful People | Stephen Covey
7. Quiet-The Power Of Introverts | Susan Cain
8. Executive Presence | Sylvia Hewitt
9. Influence- The Psychology Of Persuasion | Robert Cialdini
10. The Non Verbal Advantage | Carol Goman
11. Fierce Conversations | Susan Scott
12. Emotional Intelligence | Daniel Goleman
13. Failing Forward | John Maxwell
14. Charisma | Tony Allessandra
15. Creating Competitive Advantage | Jaynie Smith
16. Good To Great | Jim Collins
17. Great By Choice | Jim Collins
18. Blue Ocean Strategy | W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
19. Now, Discover Your Strengths | Marcus Buckingham
20. The Trusted Advisor | David Maister
I would also highly recommend all of our Sandler books:
1. Selling To Homeowners The Sandler Way
2. Customer Service The Sandler Way
3. Bootstrap Selling The Sandler Way
4. LinkedIn The Sandler Way | Download the FREE eBook here
5. Selling Technology The Sandler Way
6. Sandler Enterprise Selling: Winning And Growing Enterprise Accounts
7. You Can't Teach A Kid To Ride A Bike At A Seminar- 2nd Edition
8. Accountability The Sandler Way
9. Sandler Rules
10. Sandler Success Principles
11. Transforming Leaders The Sandler Way
12. Selling Professional Services The Sandler Way
13. Prospect The Sandler Way
14. Lead When You Dance